There are many nifty little air fresheners that can clip onto your air vents and deliver long-lasting fresh scent of your choice. These air fresheners are mostly intended for clipping onto the vents in your car. However, you can also attach them to regular air vents in your home if you want to use them to freshen up your bedroom, or anywhere else.
Most air fresheners made to attach to vents are extremely simple. You just open the air freshener, clip it onto your vent, and it starts putting out the fragrance.
Some come with adjustment settings that allow you to increase the strength of the scent. Others, called essential oil diffusers, come with felt pads that you must pour your own essential oil onto in order to get a fragrance of your choice.
I looked around and found tons of air freshener vent clips to choose from, in a variety of different scents. I also found tips for creating your own at a fraction of the price of store bought ones. Let’s take a look at them all.
The Best Pre-Scented Air Freshener Vent Clips
The most popular brand of air freshener for your vent is the Febreze brand. This one is one of the only vent clips that comes with an adjustable setting that lets you increase or decrease the strength of the smell.
There are also a large number of other brands available. The biggest question is: What scent do you want coming out of your vent? Let’s take a look at all the scent options below.
Febreze has the largest variety of scents to choose from. They aren’t all listed on the same product page like the other brands are, so I went and grabbed them all for you and made a list of every scent I could find.
Febreze Vent Air Clips:
- Pine scent – Click here to view.
- Combo “Unstoppables” pack with 2 unique scents – Click here to view.
- Bamboo scent – Click here to view.
- Cranberry scent – Click here to view.
- Pumpkin scent – Click here to view.
- Tide laundry cleaner scent – Click here to view.
- Old Spice deodorant scent – Click here to view.
- Platinum Ice scent – Click here to view.
- New Car scent – Click here to view.
- Linen & Sky scent – Click here to view.
- Midnight Storm scent – Click here to view.
- Gain Original scent plus bonus Heavy Duty scent – Click here to view.
- Gain Island Fresh scent – Click here to view.
- Citrus scent with added smoke odor elimination – Click here to view.
- Meadows and Rain scent – Click here to view.
Other Brand Vent Clips And Vent Sticks:
- Refresh Your Car Vent Sticks – Available in 14 different scents and multi-scent combo packs – Click here to view.
- Auto Expressions Vent Clip – Available in 7 different scents – Click here to view.
- Little Trees Vent Wrapper – Available in 6 different scents – Click here to view.
- Yankee Candles Vent Clips – Available in 15 different scents – Click here to view.
- Lexol Vent Sticks – Leather scent – Click here to view.
- Armor All Vent Clips – Available in 11 different scents – Click here to view.
The Best Vent Clips For Adding Your Own Scented Oil
Did you know that you can get unscented vent clips that allow you to add your own scented oils to them?
Most of them work by using an unscented piece of felt cloth on the inside of the vent clip. You just open it up, soak as many drops of scented oils into the felt cloth as you want, and then close the device and clip it onto a vent of your choice.
Some other types work by allowing you to pour scented oil directly into the device.
Although the smell of essential oil will fade faster than the pre-scented vent fresheners listed above, it is incredibly fast and easy to refill the scent as many times as you want by adding more oil.
This method is actually cheaper in the long run because you can get a bottle of essential oil that will last for many refills. It’s also the easy to change the scent as often as you’d like, simply by adding a different scented oil to the device.
Let’s take a look at your options. All of these require essential oil to function, so I’ve also listed a great essential oil value pack as well.
- Essential oils 6-scent value pack – Click here to view.
- Tree-shaped decorative unscented vent clip – Click here to view.
- Uniquely-shaped decorative unscented vent clip – Click here to view.
- Cat-shaped decorative unscented vent clip – Click here to view.
- Hot Lips Kiss-shaped decorative unscented vent clip – Click here to view.
- Animal-shaped decorative unscented vent clips – Available in 3 different shapes – Click here to view.
How To Make Your Own Vent Clip Air Freshener
Do you enjoy arts and crafts? If so, you’ll love this. It’s an idea so fast and easy even a 2 year old could participate.
All you have to do is get a bottle of essential oil, and spread the oil generously onto a wooden laundry clip. Let it sit for a few minutes to absorb the oil.
The wooden laundry clip can be clipped onto any vent in your car or house, and will give off the scent as the oil slowly evaporates out of the wood. You can make the scent stronger or weaker by using more or less oil, and you can refresh it as many times as you want to keep the scent coming back after it fades.
To do this craft idea, you will need the following: